Kristinka Hair 3.0 released

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Kristinka Hair 3.2Author: Anto Matkovic
The July 2014 update is another big one introducing new nodes like »Fit NURBS«, »Curls advanced«, »Curvature Amplifier«, »Grouping in Form« »Follow CurveList« »Stretch Hair« »Hair Filler Rounded« — for a full description see the si-community thread and the updated documentation.

The Kristinka Hair toolset is a new and unique way to set up, style and simulate hair using ICE nodes. A set of fully customizable ICE nodes Scalable, from only a few basic compounds for building basic hair, to very complex structures. Hair styling that always considers the whole shape of the hair. Styling works well for short and for long hair. Unlimited hair length, unlimited number of hair segments. Automatic, procedural generation of details - always with full control. Locks, clumps, curls, turbulence, are created by ICE compounds Additional modifiers, like cutting hairs by external geometry, constant strand length for key frame animation, resampling and subdividing strands, morphing with another hair, modulating hair's distribution over emitter, so user can increase density on most visible areas Full support for the Sofimage's built-in Strand Dynamics Framework simulation engine. Only factory ICE nodes were used, it should work nicely with any Softimage version from 7.01 on.

Other media available: Version 3.1's online 'first steps' tutorial. si-community user Bronco67 has created a video introduction for an earlier version available here. Also: A rendering tests thread, a TV ad by PsyOp featuring Kristinka Hair.

In case you want to apply kH3 nodes and dynamics on top of strands that were not generated by kH3 itself, here is a setup to enable that.

local backup: kristinka_hair_32_02july2014.rar

adrencg

Re: Kristinka Hair 3.0 released

Post by adrencg » 21 Feb 2016, 02:43

What do you do when you need the character to be moved from 0,0 when using your Syflex setup? The hair gets dragged behind and then snaps violently into place after frame 0.

Is there a way to move the global transform on your character and allow the hair to go with it? This way when you start to animate the hair will be perfectly in place at the start of animation.

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 21 Feb 2016, 10:37

adrencg wrote:What do you do when you need the character to be moved from 0,0 when using your Syflex setup? The hair gets dragged behind and then snaps violently into place after frame 0.

Is there a way to move the global transform on your character and allow the hair to go with it? This way when you start to animate the hair will be perfectly in place at the start of animation.
Almost exactly the same what you'll do with Syflex cloth, or any other simulator.

a: to have a introductory time of simulation, around 50 to 100 frames, where Syflex is allowed to fit, smoothly. Probably you'll want this in any case, hard to believe you'll have a 'falling phase' of simulated hair, in real work.
b: to have the all geometry related to kh and syflex, frozen at desired starting state - while this does not affect SRT of ICE point cloud. However in this case you'll want different setups for different animations, so wouldn't hurt to have a backup copies of original, related to reference pose of character.

adrencg

Post by adrencg » 02 Aug 2018, 17:45

Mathaeus...any insight on why stick to mesh extrusion will leave some hairs behind (especially in the back)? I've gone through the process so many times but it never comes out like your sample file where every strand is attached to the syflex polys.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 03 Aug 2018, 14:36

hello,
actually it should not align the center of stripe to each guide, in last version, which is 3.2 from July 2014. It's 3/1 ratio, one stripe is going through average of three guides, assuming 'guides and filler from triangles' mode in 'emit' compound. Perhaps there's hair split going along back side, making a low resolution.
Unfortunately I'm not able to help that much, my XSI 7.01 is installed on old, 'retired' machine, which I don't use for a while. I used kH docs to refresh my memory :)