It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 07:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kristinka Hair 3.0 released
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 14:39 

Hey,

For some reasons I can't UV map the extruded strips. I used a mesh as a source, I made my ICE Tree, and the extrusions are created, but unfortunately I can't UV map the extruded mesh (procedurally)

Any idea?

Cheers

Jester

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 20:17 

hi there,

'mesh source', this probably belongs to extrusions in SI 2012 - if so, here is the thread. I don't believe there is something specific with kH3, about UV generation.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 13:53 

Good update.
Can I use kH3 Grouping compound with "Guides and Filler Triangles" mode? When I try, I get the problem where the roots. Also, is it possible to perform extrusions along strands with this mode? I noticed there beams, which are needed to address the problems of interpolation. I need single guide strands to make extrusion for connecting ICE Syflex dynamics.
I understand that "nurbs" method is easier to work with him and less of a problem, but I preferred "polymesh" and I want to find out

Attachments:
khair1.jpg
khair1.jpg [ 174.09 KiB | Viewed 2806 times ]

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 20:24 

AlexanderM wrote:
Good update.
Can I use kH3 Grouping compound with "Guides and Filler Triangles" mode?

Yes, there are examples for both ('cross_sections_grouping' and 'stick_to_...'). Probably you want to compare these setups with yours, before going to forum. Especially ICE tree on emitter, correct reference to UV property.
Suggested setup for attaching to extrusions is one-mesh-strip-per-triangle (or, three guides) - to prevent Syflex sim, to do not explode with overlaps.
Btw, interpolation could look better with (almost) equal size of triangle's sides.

Cheers

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2011, 02:33 

Hi,

I am modeling a spider, from one master leg(which is the emitter object for all pointclouds) I use the deform hair compound to transfer the strands to the animated(deformed) legs.
It worked on the 3 legs but when trying to do the exact same thing on the fourth I can't make it work?

If I duplicate the fourth leg and try transfering between these two(leg_4 and new one Leg_5) it works, but for som reason it doesn't work from the "master" object.

The objects are all identical with same number of points and polys and so on and I have searched for differences in them but can't find any, is there something I am missing?

Here's a screenshot if it helps.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2011, 15:33 

tupu wrote:
Hi,

I am modeling a spider, from one master leg(which is the emitter object for all pointclouds) I use the deform hair compound to transfer the strands to the animated(deformed) legs.
It worked on the 3 legs but when trying to do the exact same thing on the fourth I can't make it work?

If I duplicate the fourth leg and try transfering between these two(leg_4 and new one Leg_5) it works, but for som reason it doesn't work from the "master" object.

The objects are all identical with same number of points and polys and so on and I have searched for differences in them but can't find any, is there something I am missing?

Here's a screenshot if it helps.

Hi,

well this should work.... my wild guess is, probably references to objects are screwed up, sometime during duplicating - afaik ICE behaves differently than standard operators, there (let's say, you have reference to many curves in ICE tree, select and rename them all, you'll get a mass...). So maybe you can try to create all new references to all geometries, save and reload the scene. afaik#2, you'll see a 'real' result only after reload.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 21:08 

Hi,

Nothing seemed to work so I made new master emitter objects for the objects that weren't working by just duplicating them.

Is there a way to assign a group to "emit from polymesh", guessing not but I haven't gone through every compund yet or the all of the docs, but it would make
things a little easier, anyways great job on the compounds, thank you.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2011, 02:19 

tupu wrote:
Hi,
Is there a way to assign a group to "emit from polymesh", guessing not but I haven't gone through every compund yet or the all of the docs, but it would make
things a little easier, anyways great job on the compounds, thank you.

nope... it's using emit location for 'reinterpret location to new geometry' node, this doesn't work with emitting from groups. Deformer should be 'exact' copy (no changes in topology, like extrude, weld, so on), just something with same number of points isn't enough, here. If you can merge all meshes into one and envelope them...

cheers

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2011, 23:51 

Hi Marko
How woiuld I get the hair to collide with the face and body and not go through it?
Thanks
John

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 11:25 

talent103 wrote:
Hi Marko
How woiuld I get the hair to collide with the face and body and not go through it?
Thanks
John

I hope I'll post a few setups in next few days, in this thread. Some more convenient method for attaching to mesh stripes, instead the one in download. For factory strand dynamics framework as well. Don't know is there anything able to simulate on curves in newer SI versions, but possibly I'll try the one with curves too.

If you're talking with me :) - this is not my name... but I don't worry about :)

cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next