Build Set from Array

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Build Set from ArrayAuthor: Constantine Tarasenkov
Very helpful little node that I use for literally every complex work with points and topology. For example you can use array of points to filter positions by them and move stuff around. Instead of »Get Point ID« you can use any topology attribute sets to work in topo contexts. If you know a better way to create set from array - let me know.

local backup: Build Set from Array.xsicompound

iamVFX

Build Set from Array

Post by iamVFX » 24 Nov 2011, 10:26

Very helpful little node that I use for literally every complex work with points and topology. For example you can use array of points to filter positions by them and move stuff around.
Last edited by iamVFX on 30 Oct 2012, 12:58, edited 2 times in total.

Chris_TC

Re: Build Set from Array

Post by Chris_TC » 24 Nov 2011, 16:21

Looking at your tree, I'd think that the pass through can plug directly into the Equal.

E.g.:
Output Pass Through = 0, 4, 9, 2
Output Array Size = 4
Output Index Array = 0, 1, 2, 3
Output Select in Array = 0, 4, 9, 2

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 24 Nov 2011, 16:34

Chris_TC wrote:Looking at your tree, I'd think that the pass through can plug directly into the Equal.

E.g.:
Output Pass Through = 0, 4, 9, 2
Output Array Size = 4
Output Index Array = 0, 1, 2, 3
Output Select in Array = 0, 4, 9, 2
Chris, indeed, thanks! :-bd Super simple and useful now, I like it! By the way, what's with your procedural city generator?

Chris_TC

Post by Chris_TC » 24 Nov 2011, 17:28

iamVFX wrote:By the way, what's with your procedural city generator?
I've got this gigantic ICE tree that needs re-organizing and re-structuring.
I've been procrastinating because it'll take a while to go over all the logic, especially after not looking at it for some time. Everything works, but in order to restructure I need to know how it works and what all of those attributes are used for. I think I'll have to write a documentation for myself to keep track of things in the future.

iamVFX

Post by iamVFX » 30 Oct 2012, 13:23

"Build Set from Array" compound is now deprecated, Procedural Topo Pack has converters to any context which are called "Array to * Set".

Here is an update for "Find Matches in Array" node. No repeat loops, just weird science of nonexistent generated set.

[rimg=400]http://xsisupport.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/find_in_array.png[/rimg]
Attachments
Find Matches in Array.1.1.xsicompound
(11.52 KiB) Downloaded 171 times