It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 07:51

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: knit the strand
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2013, 22:54 

Oh very cool, thank you! :)

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2013, 17:48 

This is freaking amazing Mathaeus. ^:)^

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2015, 17:50 

I am always using your tools in ways that they were never meant to be used.... But, is is possible to have the root and tip of the strands taper in size? I'm trying to make a piece of burlap cloth and was trying to get frayed edges. Can you say if this is possible? I would greatly appreciate any help.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2015, 11:20 

izze wrote:
I am always using your tools in ways that they were never meant to be used.... But, is is possible to have the root and tip of the strands taper in size? I'm trying to make a piece of burlap cloth and was trying to get frayed edges. Can you say if this is possible? I would greatly appreciate any help.

In Melena, there's compound called 'get strand ratio' or something, able to remap the strand array to 0 - 1 float range, that is, suitable to plug into fCurve node. fCurve node goes into Set Data, Self.StrandSize . Perhaps you'll need to put Self.StrandPosition into vector input of 'get strand ratio' compound.
This will do something meaningful only if you have a 'symmetrical' function curve. All that only with pattern like in pic. In other 'knit' nodes, having for example a diagonal pattern, by nature of thing, strands are not aligned like hair, root close to root. Function curve won't be useful.
Anyway you could transfer the values for Self.StrandSize from another geometry, for example using Get Closest Location, taking the weight map 'weights' attribute from external mesh grid, aligned to knit network.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2015, 15:48 

Thank you so much. Especially when I keep asking so many questions. Your keeping XSI alive for all us mathematically challenged folks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6