modify Size over time

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
thorsnuts

modify Size over time

Post by thorsnuts » 05 May 2017, 16:45

Hello,

Is there a way to modify a particle's size over time as each particle is created?

What Im trying to do is have a multiplying effect of balls in my scene. So, we start with 40 particles and I'm simply animating the rate from 40 to 1000, through out the duration of the scene. They pop on, as you would imagine. Im using a Modify Partilces Size so they grow, but after the set time (4 seconds) of growth, the rest pop on again.

Is there a way to have them grow as they are created?

Just to mention, its a non simulated tree in the Post Sim stack. I did this for quicker results. Could this be a problem?

thanks

Mathaeus

Re: modify Size over time

Post by Mathaeus » 05 May 2017, 20:11

You could link this to get data > current time. However for such effect, I think the most versatile way it is to link to something animated in scene. Let's say to create a null and animate it, so get data > kine.local.rotz or something else from that null, matches to current frame. This gives additional control, you have a global 'timer' and it's completely reliable. That is, from my experience get data > current time or frame, sometimes does not update immediately in non simulated ICE tree.

Tekano

Post by Tekano » 06 May 2017, 11:59

set particle age and use age to modify size as a multiplier. 0 > 1 either with a change range node or an fcurve is simple enough to affect scale or size this way
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

thorsnuts

Post by thorsnuts » 25 May 2017, 17:11

Thanks guys... sorry for the late reply. For some reason Im not getting email alerts to the feedback.

Appreciate the time!!!!