Artifical Inteligence and ICE?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Bullit

Artifical Inteligence and ICE?

Post by Bullit » 21 Mar 2017, 12:35

Anyone tried to model some AI in ICE? i am thinking for wargames/crowd behavior and like, i think this might link with reaction diffusion setups.

sant0s

Re: Artifical Inteligence and ICE?

Post by sant0s » 23 Mar 2017, 19:54

I think you mean something with more control than paul smiths zombie infection, right?

https://vimeo.com/21059614

Pooby

Post by Pooby » 24 Mar 2017, 10:50

I have been theorising making a simple 'brain' in ICE, which uses 'neural' connections between 'information' particles to process solutions to problems.
However, I haven't actually tried it because I fear it would take a long time to get any useful results.

Back to the Zombie thing I did. I think you could increase the complexity of a system like that as far as you liked.. For example you could have actors share information to other actors, which would change their behaviour.

For example. It might be interesting to have a Zombie simulation where people who have seen Zombies, run around warning other people as to the Zombies whereabouts. Each person could have a level of Scepticism as to whether they believe them, etc.. THis kind of thing really interests me.

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 24 Mar 2017, 16:21

sant0s wrote:I think you mean something with more control than paul smiths zombie infection, right?

https://vimeo.com/21059614
Yes, More like military units(or a team of soldiers) when choosing to attack or defend, giving them an objective to take. Or simply i eat/spend X resources if i move Y distance, but if i am in mountain i have to climb an then i spent X+% related to inclination. Or send to patrols and they stay away from each other to check more terrain.

Yeah that is interesting Pooby. I am into traditional PC wargames, hex based and i stopped playing with them because AI is dismal and basically scripted.
I wanted to have proper reconnaissance and then an information system/analysis where a side that spotted a weakness would attack there.

sant0s

Post by sant0s » 24 Mar 2017, 16:29

ah, just found what I was looking for: https://vimeo.com/10473590

homam

Post by homam » 31 Mar 2017, 17:50

I spent sometime with ICE implementing a motion planning algorithm. The algorithm was my own variation of Rapidly-exploring random tree which is very ICE friendly :)

This video showed the RRT structure generated using ICE:

However for solving actual problems, the ICE tree was converted to C++ plugin. This video shows using the plugin to solve simple 3-joint robot:

My variation support motion re-planning for dynamic environments. This video shows an example for moving obstacle:

The plugin was ultimately used for autonomous construction equipment (e.g. cranes,... etc):

Regards,

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 31 Mar 2017, 19:47

Wow incredible work Homam :-o thats true AI.
Path finding visualization is way too cool!

Did you managed to use ICE Planner on a real application?
Autonomus cranes sounds crazy!
But even if you just provide a plan to operators saves alot of time i guess.

homam

Post by homam » 31 Mar 2017, 21:38

mc_axe wrote:Did you managed to use ICE Planner on a real application?
Autonomus cranes sounds crazy!
But even if you just provide a plan to operators saves alot of time i guess.
As you mentioned it is not good idea to have fully autonomus cranes in real life. The real application was to enhance saftey and productivity of cranes. The following published journal paper explains the application of this system:
http://ascelibrary.org/doi/pdf/10.1061/ ... 87.0000123

Regards,
Homam

homam

Post by homam » 31 Mar 2017, 22:10

Talking about AI devlopment in ICE. This video presents a Neural Network partially implemented in Fabric Engine for classifying motion capture data. Should be applicable in ICE of course ;)