ICE Kinematics Parenting Sample Scene

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Draise

ICE Kinematics Parenting Sample Scene

Post by Draise » 05 Aug 2016, 04:04

Thanks to David Wigfross, I have followed his tutorial on ICE kinematicsand built a quick little sample scene.

I have found parenting in ICE to be VERY powerful concerning retagging animation on dynamic rigs - yes yes, I'm new to ICE and all but I think it's amazing.

The idea is parenting a child, animating a child, and then using a control to retag it's position maintaining it's original animation without adding any new keyframes anywhere.

This is not possible unless you use Animation layers or offset keyframes/animation mixer clips - proving cumbersome and not very flexible unless you use the magic of ICE.

Now I can carry on and continue building a dynamic generic character generator with modifiable animation and limb lengths.

Here you go: shared freely.
Attachments
Rescale child animation with ICE.zip
(118.81 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Bullit

Re: ICE Kinematics Parenting Sample Scene

Post by Bullit » 06 Aug 2016, 23:54

Thanks.

anhungxadieu

Post by anhungxadieu » 07 Aug 2016, 05:18

hi,
i checked it, and when i play the animation the "CHILD" cube disappear ... what's happen?

Draise

Post by Draise » 07 Aug 2016, 17:43

Maybe you have an obcenely fast video card! It plays All frames according to your system settings and it plays so fast you can't see it? Try RT playback? More input from you? Does the scene straight off the download have the error? Make sure your ice is turned on.

Not sure to be honest how to help you there. I opened the scene and had no issues, the cube is bobbing away. The null controls the offset from the parent. Hope you get it going.

anhungxadieu

Post by anhungxadieu » 08 Aug 2016, 04:31

hi,
I opened it, everything work just good from beginning, but when i try to move "CHILD" cube it's disappear

Draise

Post by Draise » 12 Aug 2016, 19:07

Hmm.. I wonder if you had autokey on?

I will try take a look at it shortly. Did you manage to understand how it works to see if you could troubleshoot it? Let me know!

Again, I am pretty new to all this.

anhungxadieu

Post by anhungxadieu » 13 Aug 2016, 06:31

i experiment with it before, it's really hard to do a proper parent in ice, all the time i face with double transform

Draise

Post by Draise » 13 Aug 2016, 06:40

The trick is to not parent your children in the Explorer. I guess you could think of it as a pose constraint without the constraint.