mt_StrandNodes

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

mt_strandNodesAuthor: Helge Mathee
A blast from the past from Helge's MindThink days - this one was 'hidden' inside the ICE_tutorials project (directly below) and seems to be the predecessor/'light' version of Melena.
mt_StrandNodes is a collection of strand manipulating compounds including a few compiled ones. From this mailing list post: It is an addon for simulating strands and much, much more. Basically it contains this: 1. a new custom icenode called "mt_strandFitting" which allows to reproject / refit a strand onto another one. You can use it for all sorts of things, such as refitting a curve or simply reprojecting a strand onto itself while maintaining length. — 2. a new geometry generator to create a mesh out of strands (cool!) with this you can create procedural geometry, such as a woven basket for example. — 3. a couple of compounds for creating strand effects. creating curling strands (strands curling around other strands), using strands as guides for other strands etc etc.. — 4. a project with sample scenes how to use this stuff...

Included in the collection are: Add Forces for Strands Add Guide from Spline Blend Stand Groom Create Curl Strands Create GuideHair Strands Create Strands from Curvelist Create Stroke Particle Curve Flow Force Directional Force Fill Interpolated Array FlowLines Force Get Array Ratio Get Position on Strand Get Regular Curve Locations Get Single Particle Attribute Get Strand Length Init Strand Simulation Init Strands Keep Every Nth Strand Modulate Strands by Null Move Strand with Geo Original Shape Force Prepare Strands For Extrusion Project Strands To Surface Push Strands Outside Geometry Random Scalar Value Array Random Value Along Strand Random Values Resample Strands Set Empty Strand Simulate Hair Simulate Strands With Constant Length Strand FCurve Strand Null Force Strand Stiffness Force Strand Surface Force Strand Turbulence Force Style Strands By Guides Turbulence Force

And some C++ compiled nodes and commands: HairSolver node strandFitting node hair2curves ice_strandExtrude strands2hair ice_strandExtrude.

local backup: mt_strandNodes.zip (doesn't include mentioned demo scenes - those are inside the ICE tutorials project directly below)

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Deracus

mt_StrandNodes

Post by Deracus » 09 Oct 2009, 12:10

Hi

i´m looking for the mt_StrandNodes for ICE, but i can´t find them anymore.
The link from the Mailing List seems to be dated....anybody got them for me?

Best regards

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: mt_StrandNodes

Post by Hirazi Blue » 09 Oct 2009, 16:25

Luckily, "we" host this ourselves: ice_tutorials_part1. This download contains more than just the mt_strandnodes Addon, BUT it does contain it. ;)
Little warning though: the mt_strandnodes Addon doesn't seem to work under SI2010 anymore
(at least under SI2010 64 bit) :(
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Deracus

Re: mt_StrandNodes

Post by Deracus » 09 Oct 2009, 18:19

luckily i´m stuck with the real XSI :)
so...i´m using 7.01.

But thanks for the warning. By the way...is there some kind of documentation with that "ice_tutorial"-stuff?