how to turbulize multiple meshes with one turbulize control?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
piotrek255

how to turbulize multiple meshes with one turbulize control?

Post by piotrek255 » 30 Nov 2012, 12:07

Hi

I have 3 grids, each of them is in a separate null object, now i want to turbulize them so that they have a noise/wave motion through all animation (the animation does not expand mesh, they just have to flow), and parameters of this noise/wave is controlled with one turbulize mesh ICE node.

I tried doing tubulize mesh on empty point clous and do instance mesh in the next port but it does not work. how can i do that?

PS: is there a way to make the turbulize noise show by other object/null 's volume?

CiaranM

Re: how to turbulize multiple meshes with one turbulize control?

Post by CiaranM » 30 Nov 2012, 12:35

I guess there are a couple of options. You might try merging the objects into a single mesh either using the merge tool, or using ICE topology merging. Now you can turbulize all the points with a single turbulize node.
Alternatively, you could create a custom parameter set in the scene. You can use this single control to set the parameters on any turbulize node within ICE trees. Add parameters to the control to match the parameters on the ICE node. When you've done that just drag and drop the parameters from the parameter set into an ICE tree and connect them up to the matching params on the ICE node. It's a little bit of work, but once you have this setup you can control many ICE trees with a single scene level control. It's definitely worth the effort for bigger projects or artist oriented tools.