Ocean wave effect

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Robert_XSI

Ocean wave effect

Post by Robert_XSI » 09 Oct 2012, 15:03

Hi, I am trying to make an ocean wave effect by using turbulence nodes, and it is working nicely. Unfortunately It is rather a smooth wave, not like a stormy ocean. Can you share me some ideas of making nice ocean waves with the built in nodes, or some nice little ice compounds I could use?

THX
Robert

Pancho

Re: Ocean wave effect

Post by Pancho » 09 Oct 2012, 15:06

There's something called google which shows you the desired results within the first 5 hits.

Robert_XSI

Post by Robert_XSI » 09 Oct 2012, 15:10

Pancho wrote:There's something called google which shows you the desired results within the first 5 hits.
Ahh, I did not know about that. Thanks.

Robert_XSI

Post by Robert_XSI » 09 Oct 2012, 15:19

Pancho wrote:There's something called google which shows you the desired results within the first 5 hits.
Ok. to be more serious I know aaOcean and just do not want to install it for this quick task, so that is why I asked for quick and nice compounds or any other turbulence solutions you might know of.

gustavoeb

Post by gustavoeb » 09 Oct 2012, 15:24

so you know there is a tool (which are just some quick and nice compounds as you describe) that gives you amazing results, freely distributed and well kept by Amaan and you dont want to install it?
sorry, but it wont get much easier than that :)
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

Robert_XSI

Post by Robert_XSI » 09 Oct 2012, 15:34

gustavoeb wrote:so you know there is a tool (which are just some quick and nice compounds as you describe) that gives you amazing results, freely distributed and well kept by Amaan and you dont want to install it?
sorry, but it wont get much easier than that :)
ok. You win, and persuaded me... THX

Mr.Core

Post by Mr.Core » 09 Oct 2012, 16:41

There is a sample scene with extended setup based on turbulence node, locates in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013 SP1\Data\XSI_SAMPLES\Scenes\ICE" and called as "Deformation_Turbulize_Grid_Waves". If it is not enough you can try to use gerstner waves compounds ( that are only compounds, not dll plugins ), I have attached this one ( I made it a while ago so I dont remebmer how to use it exactly, but nothing special, applies on uniform polygrid in the modeling stack )
If even it is not enough - I guess you really need to get aaOcean installed :)
Attachments
GW_works.rar
(184.8 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

Robert_XSI

Post by Robert_XSI » 09 Oct 2012, 17:37

Mr.Core wrote:There is a sample scene with extended setup based on turbulence node, locates in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013 SP1\Data\XSI_SAMPLES\Scenes\ICE" and called as "Deformation_Turbulize_Grid_Waves". If it is not enough you can try to use gerstner waves compounds ( that are only compounds, not dll plugins ), I have attached this one ( I made it a while ago so I dont remebmer how to use it exactly, but nothing special, applies on uniform polygrid in the modeling stack )
If even it is not enough - I guess you really need to get aaOcean installed :)
Thanks Mr. Core!
This sound just what I need! I will have a closer look.