Vorlex - ICE Rigid Body

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Vorlex - ICE Rigid BodyAuthor: ZSelector
VorleX is a set of ICE compounds that allows simulate any polygonal object as rigid body, independently of point clouds, instances etc. Note that the center of object must be placed in the object geometrical center to work correctly ( Transform -> Move Center to Vertices ). But it's not necessary.

See the si-community discussion for more information and video examples. Note that this compounds can be made to interact with fluids (SPH).

local backup: Compounds_Scene.rar

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
ZSelector

Vorlex - ICE Rigid Body

Post by ZSelector » 22 Sep 2009, 18:35

VorleX - is a set of ICE compounds that allows simulate any polygonal object as rigid body, independently of point clouds, instances etc.
Note that the center of object must be placed in the object geometrical center to work correctly ( Transform -> Move Center to Vertices ). But it's not necessary.
I hope VorleX would be usefull. Test it please to help me fix bugs.

(mod edit: I changed the title of this thread to reflect this is not "just another" thread about "ICE Rigid Bodies" - HB)
Attachments
Compounds_Scene.rar
VorleX compounds and example scene
(189.27 KiB) Downloaded 967 times

wailingmonkey

Re: ICE Rigid Body

Post by wailingmonkey » 23 Sep 2009, 04:27

thanks for sharing it, ZSelector!...looks handy. :)

Tekano

Post by Tekano » 23 Sep 2009, 12:36

wow thanks! is there a reason why you did this and not use the built in PhysX RBD ?
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

ZSelector

Post by ZSelector » 23 Sep 2009, 14:26

Tekano wrote:wow thanks! is there a reason why you did this and not use the built in PhysX RBD ?
I develop floating in liquid objects (SPH)
There are no possibilities to use PhysX RBD with ICE.

ardworx

Post by ardworx » 24 Sep 2009, 11:34

YAY! thats great, thanx! :D
greetz,
ardworx

autohorse

Post by autohorse » 30 Sep 2009, 23:59

Great, looks cool!

Inspiring.

Second ICE tree is a bit beyond my current skills (maybe never will be that smart).

Thanks again for sharing

Tekano

Re: Vorlex - ICE Rigid Body

Post by Tekano » 21 Aug 2010, 14:48

Hey Zselector - dont know if you are still out there , but just wanted to thank you for posting the ICE tree for the SPH floating liquids , I *eventually* realised it could be used to make Rigid Body Objects react to a particle ICE cloud - very neat! So Ive biult the tree as you outlined - the only issue was the fcurve node needed to go from 1 - 0 and it works ! very happy with this so I thought I'd do a capture of it working , pretty much real time with the objects AND the elephant, nice.

And this was promted from you, Thomas Helzle - if you are listening :D , I remembered & explored this as an alternative to the built-in RBD engine, as this is most definitely a way to have Rigid Body dynamics on objects, including changing states on collisions, that can easily be controlled with ICE. As Zselector says, currently "There are no possibilities to use PhysX RBD with ICE"

Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

Rork

Post by Rork » 22 Aug 2010, 10:55

Ooohh... New ICE tools :D

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

It's amazing how much cool tools come out based on the ICE engine. It seems the sky's the limit.

Again, thanks,

rob

p.s. Tekano, cool particle trick :D
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

stanton

Post by stanton » 08 Sep 2011, 10:00

Hi, should this work with 2012? I'm returning to Soft after many years forced absence and I've tried adding the compound to the Data>Compounds folder and it's still not appearing in the ICE list, is this because I'm on 2012?

Cheers!

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 08 Sep 2011, 10:54

One way to get them to show up in your Preset Manager is editing the compound, clicking the little "e" in the top-left, and adding a name in the "category" or "tasks" field (the tasks field wants two names - the base category, a slash and a folder name), and then save them in your compounds directory. If you add, for instance "VorleX" to the category field, the compound will eventually (after refreshing the preview manager) show up in a subfolder named "VorleX" in the "Tool" tab of the preset manager...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

stanton

Post by stanton » 08 Sep 2011, 13:02

Thanks for the tip!