Syflex hair and kristinka

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
hidalgo

Syflex hair and kristinka

Post by hidalgo » 30 Apr 2012, 15:50

Hello

First post here, so i thoughs to go with some questions to start.
Im trying to work with long hair and dynamics ( i know a pain, impossible stuff and so on).
Right now i have my styles made with Kristinka, but i need to add dynamics and collisions and for some reasons kristinka alone cant do the job ( as far as ive being trough).
Now im experimenting with applying guide curves, extruded and cage deformed with syflex on top, kind of working, but i have two problems:

1) for some reasons the kristinka hair seems to pop and have now more now less hair with the movement, ive experience the same problem in the moment ive try to envelope the source nurbs to my heads, but in this case nurbs are just parented with the main head and thats it, all the movements are left to syflex.

2) syflex seems to not like very much the original hair style ive left so when i apply syflex the hair styles goes in the toilet, mimic or damping seems not helping.

Ive heard that Melena might be the solution but my question in this case would be, can i leave my kristinka hairstyle and use just melena dynamics?
Thanks for any help

dominikmk

Re: Syflex hair and kristinka

Post by dominikmk » 08 May 2012, 16:03

Hey Hidalgo,

I don't know if it's you, but I think you are on the arnold list ? Maybe you saw our IGA spot from Shed? I did a lot of RnD to introduce long hair in the pipeline. We use Kristinka and syflex for the simulation. It's been a long time since I work with hair by the way so, I'm not sure I can remember how I solve all the problem. I'll check in my folder, I remember I did some screen grab of my icetrees and setup.

Btw I used Kristinka 2, not the version 3.

I can send you my screengrab by mail... just send me a mail at dk@shedmtl.com

hidalgo

Post by hidalgo » 08 May 2012, 16:14

Hey there, yea i am the same guy in sitoa mailing list, i will drop you an email, as i am trying to work on an efficient way to have dynamics with hair trough ice, im getting closer but still not perfect so any help are welcome :D

Thanks

Hidalgo

farhaad_yousefi

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 27 Aug 2012, 02:49

dominikmk wrote:Hey Hidalgo,

I don't know if it's you, but I think you are on the arnold list ? Maybe you saw our IGA spot from Shed? I did a lot of RnD to introduce long hair in the pipeline. We use Kristinka and syflex for the simulation. It's been a long time since I work with hair by the way so, I'm not sure I can remember how I solve all the problem. I'll check in my folder, I remember I did some screen grab of my icetrees and setup.

Btw I used Kristinka 2, not the version 3.

I can send you my screengrab by mail... just send me a mail at dk@shedmtl.com
hi can you plz tell me how can i set up for simulation of Kristinka hair ? the online tutorial was not cleat for me thanks :)

hidalgo

Post by hidalgo » 27 Aug 2012, 13:44

Hey Farhaad how you doing? well im planning to make a tutorial on that and some other topic like sticky lips and such as its compliated to put down all methode in a post..
will let you know.
Best

Hidalgo

farhaad_yousefi

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 29 Aug 2012, 04:34

can't wait. :D