SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

HairDewAuthor: Jason Stambollian
V1.0 released Feb 20th 2019 — From the si-community thread: HairDew provides a very quick & easy workflow for animating long (or short) hair, from start to finish. It includesa Hair shader compound (Redshift) with volume scattering, illumination parameter isolation, and textured variation visualization, ICE nodes for both Sim & Styling based on Kinstinka, Melena, GroomTools, (+ some of my own nodes) and StrandCollisionFramework means to easily setup everything, many (old and recently added) features! There is also a more or less similar MentalRay shader compound that could be re-emplemented with a bit of work. (currenly not included)

HairDew is a workflow-in-a-box like solution rather than a plugin, so make sure to visit the thread below and follow the video tutorial to get an overview.

local backup: HairDew-project.zip HairDew-required-addons.zip

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
nicole

Re: SoftimageGarage|HairDew1.0

Post by nicole » 27 May 2019, 02:30

nicole wrote: 25 May 2019, 23:53 hello.

i wish to do the following from HairDew MR 1.0

1) change the emitter object : it seems more complex than just pick the object. do you have to build a new emission? (i want to emit from a couple polygons on a new object)

2) like in the example video above i wish i knew how to use the many strands for about 50 extruded meshes

3) each mesh of a different hue, with gradation, of the mesh, example for mesh x : the tip red, the middle yellow and the root green, mesh y, tip purple, root orange, etc

thank you for anybody reading this capable to help!

hi.
some help?
i try to understand the logic. i try to reproduce the logic in the video.
i need to use a T-Pose mesh and place it in the explorer below the base input group?
then when i select the polygons from which i want the hair to grow i go in the "initialize hair dew " window but cannot
understand: the clone is the one which will get the hair ????