CM_DefaultPrimitives - Default Primitive settings for SI2012

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Default Primitives SettingsAuthor: Ciaran Moloney
Quickly set a preset for the most common poly and surface primitives. Softimage 2012 only.

ICE geometry is the next hot thing (and rightly so), but most users will still rely on the old primitive meshes created from the modeling menu. Unfortunately, one of the more annoying things in Softimage is an inability to store presets for any of those primitives. If you always work with a 32*32 subdivided grid you'd probably have to add a new button somewhere in the UI to run a script or command that generated you favorite primitive. Hardly a very dynamic solution.

This plugin attempts to make it easy for users to quickly store a primitive preset, without the need for custom buttons cluttering up the UI - just use the same Get > Primitive menu as always. New SDK features (siOnEndCommand and the undo complex) are being used, so this will only work with Softimage 2012.

Features: Supports cone, cube, cylinder, disc, grid, sphere, torus polygon and surface meshes. Store size, subdivision and SRT settings for each primitive in a custom preference. Pop-up menu allows the user to quickly store the settings from a selected primitive in the 3D view. (Alt-right-click on a single selected mesh that has a live primitive - select the Set Primitive Defaults menu).

Video documentation available here

local backup: CM_DefaultPrimitives-1.1.xsiaddon

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
Hirazi Blue
Administrator

CM_DefaultPrimitives - Default Primitive settings for SI2012

Post by Hirazi Blue » 02 Jul 2011, 13:59

This plugin attempts to make it easy for users to quickly store a primitive preset, without the need for custom buttons cluttering up the UI – just use the same Get > Primitive menu as always.
Default Primitive settings for Softimage 2012

Thanks, Stephen Blair...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

blaxxun

Re: CM_DefaultPrimitives - Default Primitive settings for SI2012

Post by blaxxun » 12 Feb 2016, 06:38

Hello,

does somebody know what changed from Soft 2012 to 2015 SP2 that doesnt make this addon work.
It seems that everything works fine.
Just the settings dont get stored when i restart XSI.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 12 Feb 2016, 10:49

That's weird. I just checked it on my 2015 R2-SP2 and after a restart the settings seem to persist. :-\

edit: are you running it on "Windows 10"? I am running Softimage 2015 R2-SP2 as an administrator to circumvent permission issues with loading and saving...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

blaxxun

Post by blaxxun » 12 Feb 2016, 11:30

Iam running it on Win7 64bit.
I tryd running it as Admin but still no luck.... :-\

Also checked the write protection of the Softimage folders ... but iam the owner.
The write protection check is still visible but greyed out. If i remove it, it comes back.