hair symmetry

Discussions about simulation, hair and cloth in SOFTIMAGE©
mirkoj

hair symmetry

Post by mirkoj » 22 Aug 2011, 17:50

Hello,
Anyone ever figured out a way to symmetry hair styling, for example on both hands?
It is a bit painful to have to style both sides, instead of only one and then symmetry it to another.
I even tried duplicating geo with hair and scaling in -1 but that just got me crashing scene.

thanks

izze

Re: hair symmetry

Post by izze » 22 Aug 2011, 20:11

You could use KristinKA to achieve symmetry.

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 22 Aug 2011, 20:17

well... hardly.. already got all styling done on character and just looking for way to save my self coupleof hours but looks like I will finish it manually.
btw copy and negative scale geometry worked fine on couple simple shapes... but don;t work on this arms model.. freezed everything everything is cleared should work..
oh well...

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 22 Aug 2011, 22:35

btw if you're able to get Melena-XSI hair setup to work (I think Melena requires the emission from polygon cluster, not entire object), you could apply symmetry to Melena ICE point cloud, and finally just freeze the Melena operator on the last copy of XSI hair, delete the rest.
On Melena point cloud, you add ICE tree like in image (just commented part). This is transfer from left to right, in global coordinate space (no symmetry map). Works correctly if emitter is 'absolute' symmetrical (no big deal to utilize symmetry map, but this is a bit more complicated)
Definitively should be safer than symmetrizing the mesh.

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 22 Aug 2011, 22:56

I will definitely have to check out Melena soon. Thanks!