Attachments
Physical sun & sky.jpg
Physical sun & sky.jpg (10.29 KiB) Viewed 3109 times

owei
Administrator

Re: Physical sun & sky

Post by owei » 15 Jun 2009, 09:30

Hi savithk..!

Please be more precise in your question. I think it´s not clear, where your problem is... Thanks..! ;)

oliver

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 15 Jun 2009, 10:02

The documentation is there, although it can be hard to find, as neither the "physical sun" as the "physical sky" are referenced
in the "index" of the "user's guide" (as none of the shaders in the "Shader Reference" are 8-} )...
User's Guide > Shader Reference > Light Shaders > Physical Sun
User's Guide > Shader Reference > Environment Shaders > Physical Sky
;)

BTW: there is a free video @ Digital Tutors about the physical sky shader in XSI. It does require free registration and you can find it here
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

savithk

Post by savithk » 16 Jun 2009, 08:25

This is maya Physical sun ...how to create this light effect in softimage.....?????

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 16 Jun 2009, 08:29

Repeating the same question over and over won't get you better answers, I'm afraid... [-x
Maybe you could start explaining what you want exactly...

crude

Post by crude » 16 Jun 2009, 09:23

Simple technique,
go under "3" render > pass > edit > initialize sky shader, than apply.
If you now translate your light it will be change your light like the sun to your center of the world null object.
If you want to set the physical sky off go - go to the pass explorer (push "p" in the explorer) and check the environment shader stack > mia_physical_sky with some options.

hope this help, crude

c@mesigue

Post by c@mesigue » 18 Jun 2009, 16:12

Hirazi Blue wrote:Repeating the same question over and over won't get you better answers, I'm afraid... [-x
Hello,
If for any help that you're referring to assistance provided with the software, you are moderator, I can not say one thing: you're in the worst defects of one who knows how to have forgotten were his own beginnings ...
What would this member is that you describe yourself thoroughly and accurately the progress of the procedure to arrive at the correct result. This can have several reasons: the first is that I think the most relevant messages that are crossed, you've written together, secondly the description you provide is not sufficient for a novice software to arrive at desired result, and thirdly the English language, if not mother tongue, can be a barrier to understanding and in this case a second or third will be far from superfluous to an understanding ...
However I find this type of inappropriate response in a forum of help!

c@mesigue

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 18 Jun 2009, 16:26

Sorry, but I am not sure what you're on about... :-l
I tried to provide an answer in my first reaction to the question, only to get the same question repeated almost exactly. While I understand some people have a harder time at English than me, I would have liked to see some clarification what wasn't understood about the provided answer, which included a link to a free video tutorial, before giving it a second try...

Deracus

Post by Deracus » 18 Jun 2009, 17:36

c@mesigue wrote:
Hirazi Blue wrote:Repeating the same question over and over won't get you better answers, I'm afraid... [-x
Hello,
If for any help that you're referring to assistance provided with the software, you are moderator, I can not say one thing: you're in the worst defects of one who knows how to have forgotten were his own beginnings ...
What would this member is that you describe yourself thoroughly and accurately the progress of the procedure to arrive at the correct result. This can have several reasons: the first is that I think the most relevant messages that are crossed, you've written together, secondly the description you provide is not sufficient for a novice software to arrive at desired result, and thirdly the English language, if not mother tongue, can be a barrier to understanding and in this case a second or third will be far from superfluous to an understanding ...

c@mesigue
first of all...i´m not sure if i understand you correctly...so tell me when i´m misinterpreting some of what you wrote...

I think...Hirazi reacted correctly...when someone hasn´t forgot his beginnings, then it is him.
The user asking here acted really...clumsy...

He rushed in here, showed a pic and barely described what is to be seen on it...nothing more...besides that he wants to create that in Softimage...

The most harsh but still correct answer to that question would have been "Then do it..."

He doesn´t even ask for help nor does it seem that he looked for help by himself...

What Hirazi then did in first place was, that he looked up the Documentation of Softimage (when English is a problem...then using Softimage is a problem as it is only there in english...and in Japanese if that helps...), searched for the appropriate topics, wrote them down and in addition also looked for some video-tutorials on the topic, that described EXACTLY WHAT THE GUY WANTED FROM BEGINNING TO THE END.

What else are you expecting? He even guessed, that the user wants to create the same effect as it was done in maya in a scene from scratch.

Afterwards the initiator of this thread comes in again, doesn´t even react on anything the two guys wrote before nor does he thank hirazi for his efforts...no...he only replies the same dumb sentence from the beginning...
Even a first-time-user of Softimage should have the skill to browse through the help and watch a video-tutorial and then build up another question with more precision like "i tried the sky shader...but didnt get the result...can you tell me more about it...bla..."

And now you are offending hirazi for simply advising the guy, that he should be more precise on what he asks? He didn´t even offend the thread-starter...

What are you expecting?
Should he guess the problem, that the thread-starter had? Should he guess his native language and answer in this one guessing, that the thread-starter might have problems understanding english?
What is your problem?!

Sorry for being that rough...but i can´t take it, when users that are doing this sh*t in their free-time are being offended by someone who hasn´t written anything to the topic for being not helpful enough...
And to prevent any further trouble...i´m writing this completely independent from Hirazi...if you feel offended by what i wrote, than blame me, not him...
Just wanted to make my opinion clear...

c@mesigue

Post by c@mesigue » 18 Jun 2009, 17:49

Sorry but the link is very difficult to see, a different color can be ...

c@mesigue

c@mesigue

Post by c@mesigue » 18 Jun 2009, 18:13

Deracus wrote:
c@mesigue wrote:
Hello,

c@mesigue
first of all...i´m not sure if i understand you correctly...so tell me when i´m misinterpreting some of what you wrote...

I think...Hirazi reacted correctly...when someone hasn´t forgot his beginnings, then it is him.
The user asking here acted really...clumsy...

He rushed in here, showed a pic and barely described what is to be seen on it...nothing more...besides that he wants to create that in Softimage...

The most harsh but still correct answer to that question would have been "Then do it..."

He doesn´t even ask for help nor does it seem that he looked for help by himself...

What Hirazi then did in first place was, that he looked up the Documentation of Softimage (when English is a problem...then using Softimage is a problem as it is only there in english...and in Japanese if that helps...), searched for the appropriate topics, wrote them down and in addition also looked for some video-tutorials on the topic, that described EXACTLY WHAT THE GUY WANTED FROM BEGINNING TO THE END.

What else are you expecting? He even guessed, that the user wants to create the same effect as it was done in maya in a scene from scratch.

Afterwards the initiator of this thread comes in again, doesn´t even react on anything the two guys wrote before nor does he thank hirazi for his efforts...no...he only replies the same dumb sentence from the beginning...
Even a first-time-user of Softimage should have the skill to browse through the help and watch a video-tutorial and then build up another question with more precision like "i tried the sky shader...but didnt get the result...can you tell me more about it...bla..."

And now you are offending hirazi for simply advising the guy, that he should be more precise on what he asks? He didn´t even offend the thread-starter...

What are you expecting?
Should he guess the problem, that the thread-starter had? Should he guess his native language and answer in this one guessing, that the thread-starter might have problems understanding english?
What is your problem?!

Sorry for being that rough...but i can´t take it, when users that are doing this sh*t in their free-time are being offended by someone who hasn´t written anything to the topic for being not helpful enough...
And to prevent any further trouble...i´m writing this completely independent from Hirazi...if you feel offended by what i wrote, than blame me, not him...
Just wanted to make my opinion clear...
I do not think I insult anyone it seems, is not it? I almost apologized to the person who made that remark I do not see the link to the video and why.
I am very attentive to the responses made for beginners and foreigners in the English language because I myself suffered from referring to the answers that I did not understand ...

And I am far from being a dilettante in Mutual of XSI...

c@mesigue

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 18 Jun 2009, 18:29

HI..!

Just one point concernig the "language problem". If anyone has problems with English, he/she could simply tell that. Everyone here will try to understand and figure out, what is meant. Even though "3D-language" is ENGLISH and in my eyes, by using an international forum means, that one should be able to bring some sense into posted issues. Most of us are NOT nativespeakers...but this should be possible.

Every beginner will be treated resectfully, but also the beginner has to treat others respectfully and must not expect them to be the ultimate "problem-solvers". First, work for your own. Then ask for help and please be precise..! We are no magicians that can view in other peoples head ;)

my 2 cents...

oliver

EDIT: I just saw, that this guy does exactly the sam one other forums:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... 4&t=774866 :-??