Off topic--- Rendermap in 3Delight ?

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
Manticor

Off topic--- Rendermap in 3Delight ?

Post by Manticor » 02 Oct 2014, 10:37

Has anyone got rendermap to work with the 3Delight renderer?
I think I got one succesful render out of it but then after changing some of the global/pass renderer settings it comes up with an unspecified error

Which renderer /render setting does rendermap use ? the global one?

Mathaeus

Re: Off topic--- Rendermap in 3Delight ?

Post by Mathaeus » 02 Oct 2014, 11:03

As far as I know, it works, but only with newer versions of SI. Yeah it uses global render settings, if you want 3delight to bake, 3delight should be set as a render pass renderer. Other than that, I think there is 3delight's specific utilization of SI render channels, I think this part is explained in docs. Also, there's set of 3delight's "rules" when it comes to materials on clusters (should always be 1 material = 1 cluster, without mixing the master material and some on clusters, without applying the same material on many clusters, master material should not be the one applied on cluster). Generally it don't like the hyphen ( - thing) in names of materials or environment shaders.

Manticor

Re: Off topic--- Rendermap in 3Delight ?

Post by Manticor » 03 Oct 2014, 13:23

good to know matheus .Thanks for the advice .
Unfortunately we use v7 at work so not much use for baking .It may work with the color sampler node tho in the rendertree ....its worth a try .
I did like the speed it renders at tho , from first tests it looked a lot faster than mr