Hair multiplicity shows even more strange behaviors.
I noticed the fur I was creating startet to get patchy and irregular once I turned up the multiplicity and the splay values, which is only partly related to the vray rendering error.
strand_offset01.jpg [ 227.72 KiB | Viewed 414 times ]
As you can see, a part of the strands gets shiftet in X.
I tried with a new scene:
strand_offset2.jpg [ 121.77 KiB | Viewed 414 times ]
As soon as you start combing the strands, the modified strands shift with the splay at root value, strangely only in one direction. Also the length of the strands seems to get modified unwantedly.
Until I find a solutlion to this, I will for the first time not be able to finish a project in SI, since it´s almost impossible to create dense fur without using the strand multiplier.