Volumetric render tests (large pics)

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
Zybrand

Re: Volumetric render tests (large pics)

Post by Zybrand » 23 Jan 2012, 14:54

Tekano wrote:
oh. BenP's blog works here from UK fine! was going to try and make the billowing stuff work as I wanted on a sphere first before trying with more generic cloud shapes. I would definitely be up for sharing the compound once its working correctly, perhaps this may be a good candidate for a community project. Evolving & billowing clouds... certainly a useful compound!
Tried BenP's blog again today and its working now :D . I would be very grateful if you share your compound once your happy with it. As far as community project goes I think its fast become one with all the responses and renders coming in.

I'm also trying to see what I can get working with the cloud primitive setup. I've got a particles looking like your first test Cube Powah v1 only on a sphere, but thats as far as I got for now.
Attachments
cloud primitive.PNG
cloud primitive.PNG (143.42 KiB) Viewed 1360 times

Falam

Post by Falam » 04 Feb 2013, 07:25

Where do I find some of the shaders listed in this thread, some I'm highly interested in. I searched the Softimage Resource Site (RRay) which has become my only friend :) and I can't find, it's not that I don't find any information related to the shaders used in this thread, I can't find where to download them ? I personally have some BA shaders installed (SPDL) can't related to what I have installed to the shaders used in this thread ?

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 04 Feb 2013, 10:25

afaik, most of pics were rendered using out-of-the-box particle volume shader. That is, most of Binary Alchemy shaders were integrated since XSI 7. At least for my pics here, only cloud from mesh, is rendered using external addon ( an old version). Anyway, Holger's site is here.