Redshift User Data nodes

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
juanloredo

Redshift User Data nodes

Post by juanloredo » 08 Jan 2018, 04:31

Does anyone know if the Redshift User data nodes work inside softimage? or how to make them work?

For some reason the nodes don't read the custom parameter names assigned to the objects.

Thanks

juanloredo

Re: Redshift User Data nodes

Post by juanloredo » 08 Jan 2018, 23:05

Apparently you have to use ICE. I'll see if I can make it work, and maybe will post a video.

Stoecklem

Post by Stoecklem » 10 Jan 2018, 16:01

I would be very interested in this as well and would appreciate a video very much. Thanks!

can you do custom AOV's yet? I don't believe they ever made store color in channel work and I don't see the redshift store nodes that the other plugins have.

juanloredo

Post by juanloredo » 15 Jan 2018, 04:41

This is a video a made showing how to use ICE attributes to drive the Attribute nodes supported by Redshift, the Userdata nodes don't work for me, but I think these Attribute nodes do the same thing, so that works. Also I talk about a limitation when using a Redshift proxy in combination with the attribute node; I was not able to find a work around for when you want to override the materials inside the Redshift Proxy, if you have more than 2 materials you want to change and those materials use the Attibute nodes. I can only make it work for two materials, the ones that are directly applied to the pointcloud and the Redshiftproxy that's being instanced.

Any thoughts?

juanloredo

Post by juanloredo » 17 Jan 2018, 07:11

From the Redshift forums:

"Frankly speaking the userData nodes are not necessary in XSI since you can use the attributes that you can create in ICE (your video shows just that), the only thing you should use is the shading switch. I talked to the dev team about this and we suggest that you ignore the userData nodes in XSI, they are simply redundant and might be removed in the future." :-o

OK, well, that's that. Now let's see if someone can figure it out how to do pass that material override limitation with the proxy instances.

If I find something I'l post it here.

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 15 Feb 2019, 08:23

Thank you for sharing the video. Looks amazing. Thanks for the explanation.